- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ))
Supports research designed to improve the quality of health care, reduce its cost, improve patient safety, decrease medical errors, and broaden access to essential services. Formerly the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Information on travelers and international health, data and statistics, job and training opportunities in the health fields, research updates, grant funding, and current health reports. Full-text of MMWR and the Emerging Infectious Diseases journal.
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Information on current research, outbreaks and health threats, Head Start, and child abuse and violence prevention. Links to subagencies: Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Admin on Aging, and Health Resources and Services Administration.
- Federal Register Online via GPO
This site includes
- Federal Register
- The Code of Federal Regulations, the annual codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register. The Code is divided into 50 titles that represent broad areas subject to Federal regulation.
- The United States Government Manual
the official handbook of the Federal Government which provides comprehensive information on all the agencies and departments, including quasi-official agencies and international organizations in which the U.S. participates.
Online locator service for a comprehensive inventory of information disseminated by the Federal Government. Website provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Current information on food, drugs (human and animal), biologics, cosmetics, medical devises/radiological health, toxicology, research and more.
- GPO Access
A service of the U.S. Government Printing Office that provides free electronic access to a wealth of important information products produced by the Federal Government.
- Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA)
Access to the Medicare Modernization Act of 2000, healthcare indicators and expenditures, Medicare enrollment data, and annual compilation of national healthcare data. Also includes grants, research reports, demonstration projects and press releases.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Directs national health programs by assuring quality health care to underserved and special-needs groups. State profiles with statistical information on grant funds, access indicators, care providers, health status indicators, and infectious diseases.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Up-to-date information on clinical trials, health alerts, grants and funding opportunities, and press releases. Also access to databases PubMed, MedlinePLUS, Internet Grateful Med, and ClinicalTrials.gov. Links to 25 separate Institutes and Centers
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Information on ergonomics standards, news releases, OSHA regulations, regulation interpretation and compliance letters, training resources, and information on industry/workplace threats and hazards.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Access to substance abuse statistics and studies, grants, mental health programs, and substance abuse and mental health resources and referral systems.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Updated news and information on issues including biotechnology, food safety, and promoting good nutrition, plus information on USDA services and programs. Subject index and search engine available.