Almanacs | Dictionaries & Terminologies | Directories | Encyclopedias | Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics. Price indexes are available for the U.S., the four Census regions, size of city, cross-classifications of regions and size-classes, and for 29 local areas. Indexes are available for major groups of consumer expenditures (food and beverages, housing, apparel and upkeep, transportation, medical care, entertainment,and other goods and services), for items within each group, and for special categories,such as services.
- How far is it?
- Online dictionary, encyclopedia, and almanac reference source.
- Weather, etc
- CDC guidelines on vaccinations, outbreaks, and other health information for travelers.
- An up-to-the-minute estimate of the population of the USA by the US Bureau of the Census.
- Updated every 30 seconds. A bit startling to see the number go up by 80+ every 30 seconds.
Dictionaries & Terminologies
- Contains Over 160,000 acronyms, abbreviations,
initialisms and their definitions concerning general topics, computers, technology,government, and telecommunications..
Health Insight Medical Glossary
- The ninth edition of John Bartletts classic collection of quotations
contains over 9,000 selections.
Basic Dictionary of ASL Terms
- A partial dictionary giving signing instructions for commonly used American Sign Language terms
Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM)
- A classification system grouping related diseases and procedures for reporting statistical information. Developed
by National Center for Health Statistics.
Medical and Science Dictionaries
- This searchable directory will let you quickly pinpoint global telephone numbers, E-mail addresses, and area/country codes.
Board of Medical Specialities
- Verify the board certification status, location by city and state and specialty of any physician certified by one or more of the 24 Member Boards of the ABMS..
American Hospital Directory
- Statistics and information.
AMA Physician Select On-line Doctor Finder
- Provides basic professional information on virtually every licensed physician in the United States, including more than 690,000 doctors of medicine (MD) and doctors of osteopathy or osteopathic medicine (DO).
Congressional E-mail Directory
- Provides contact information for senators and representatives in an alphabetical list according to state.
DIRLINE: Directory of Health Organizations
- Online database containing location and descriptive information about
information resources including organizations, research resources,
projects, and databases concerned with health and biomedicine.
Produced by the National Library of Medicine.
- Provides links to hospital home pages.
Medical Schools of the U.S. and Canada
- Association of American Medical Colleges website.
The Catholic Encyclopedia
- Provides information on the entire cycle of Catholic interests, action and doctrine
Compton's Encyclopedia Online
- Compton's Encyclopedia Online by Learning Company enhances its text and graphic contents with sound. Contains more than 40,000 articles and provides more than 16,000 pictures, flags, maps, and charts, as well as tables and MIDI and other sound files.
Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Gazetteer of the U.S. Census Bureau
- Map and census data by zip code.
Area Code Map
- Includes table
of AREA CODE SPLITS, showing the dates, cities, and test numbers (after
06/01/99), updated August 1, 2000.
Online maps, travel
guides, local city guides, etc...